Hello everyone, I thought I would put together a list of things to help you in New York City. I recently travelled to NYC and wasn’t prepared for the big city. Also below is a list of places to visit.
1) Yellow Cab taxi ride – After a long flight to JFK, all you want to do is get to the city. I joined the yellow cab queue at the airport which claims to have a set price this can be seen advertised, the price didn’t seem to bad so I thought I would just go for it. As soon as entered the cab the taxi driver started trying to haggle with me about the price and ended up with a nice extra $30 plus tip added on. My advice is it’s cheaper getting a shuttle bus and a much smoother journey, even the subway is a cheaper option, so before you join that yellow cab line consider the costs that may occur.
2) City pass – This is one thing I thought I would never need to purchase. Trust me its worth every penny especially if you’re wanting to visit any attractions. The attractions are pricey and if you’re doing a few of them the prices all add up, so you save money just by having this pass. I purchased the 4 day pass and used it for a lot of attractions and had a bus tour and a boat tour of the statue of liberty. There is so much you can use this for. It’s called the big bus (City pass)
3) Hire a bike for travelling around Central Park – instead of hiring a bike I ended up walking and tiring myself out. I feel like I didn’t get to see much of Central Park because of this! So it’s worth hiring a bike and spending a day just taking in the beautiful views.
4) Corn dogs – One thing I struggled with was actually being able to find a place that sold Corn Dogs. I ended up finding one in Brooklyn Coney Island. Nathan’s is the best place to grab a cold drink and a Corn dog.
5) Visit Coney Island – If you want to get away from all the hustle and bustle why not take the subway to Coney Island Brooklyn. It’s such a beautiful beach that is surrounded by bars and vibrant stores. Your city pass also covers some free rides in the famous Luna Park.
Whatever your plans, have an awesome time and don’t forget to take some time out and relax in central park.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.